Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Top Ten: Anticipating Spartan

What should I eat for breakfast before the race? Who cares? I'm going with my old standby pre-race breakfast: peanut butter and banana. If I'm going to burp up something for the hour that I'm Spartan-ing, it might as well be a tasty snack.

I plan to run in a sports bra and no t shirt. Since this is not my usual attire, that will be new. And hopefully a good decision.

Will I even get to the race? Have yet to look up directions or any logistics. Typical.

I have been rocking the burpees! I can do 30 (with breaks) without feeling as though I'm going to throw up! Go me! But let's hope I can complete all of the obstacles and don't even need this newfound skill.

Will I be hydrated enough? I didn't realize that this was a several day process... currently working on my second 16 oz. cup of ice water.

How soaked will the field be? Answer: very! Forecast is calling for just a bit of water over the next couple days. And if they think it's too dry, they hose it down. Slightly maddening since fresh water shortages are indeed a problem.

How nervous/excited are members of Ben's 30th Birthday Bandits? Answer: varies depending on teammate.

How uncomfortable will we all be during the race? Answer: probably very!

How pumped will the team be at the finish line? Answer: definitely very!

Will I ever get all of the mud off of me? Answer: Probably not. Or maybe, while soaking in the Caribbean...



No comments:

Post a Comment