Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#6

That is, the sixth time I have been pooped on by a bird.

Let it be documented that on Sunday May 26 at roughly 11am, while innocently waiting for a crepe at la Tour Eiffel, I got wacked in the arm by some digested worm and birdseed. At the time, I was telling a story to friends also awaiting delicious sweet and savory crepes, when I felt the familiar hit on my arm. I thought "I know a bird just pooped on me, but maybe I'm being paranoid. Finish your story." The story was finished... but interrupted by friends pointing out the end of an unfortunate chain of events... as well as another crepe-waiter who exclaimed, "That's good luck!"

I beg to differ.

Back when this blog was shiny and new, I wrote about the fifth time I was pooped on by a bird... and now we're up to 6. The silent prayers I mentioned when walking underneath birds of any kind  have morphed into cringing and simply awaiting the inevitable.

For all of the mathematicians in the crowd, yes - the rate at which I am getting pooped on by birds has only accelerated. I am considering writing to Guinness World Records. No one has a record for this category yet, but I'm sure I'd be in the running.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous! some of us are stuck at zero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is extraordinary. i've never heard of anyone as 'lucky' as you, my dear! i hope the next fly-by pooping is a long time away...

    ReplyDelete