Monday, June 4, 2012

Kenya: Dear Bednet...

Dear Bednet,

Holy cow. We have already been together for a week! We have become so close so fast. I must admit the first night I thought you were coming on a bit too strong, draping yourself all over my bed and me. However, since that first overbearing, albeit magical, night, I think we have established some more sustainable boundaries. You have tucked so nicely in around my mattress to prevent any unwanted visitors from crawling up the bedposts and invading my slumber. This also gives me a bit more room to move around without you - I really appreciate the space. It has made us a much better pair.

Now, I appreciate how you billow in the wind instead of being aware of your every movement.

Today, I caught you protecting my bed from a giant moth, and at least two mosquitoes (though there were probably more malaria machines lurking all around). But, because of you, I know I am safe from them. Aside from draping over the bed, which makes me feel "princess-like", you also chivalrously protect my space. I look forward to many more bugs being rejected from Slumber Palace under your vigilant watch.

Asante Sana,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment