Thursday, May 3, 2012

MustDo, part one

I have been calling my "to do" list my "must do" list recently because there is an increasingly short amount of time before I leave for Kenya. Here's a glimpse at said list:

1. Make BU establish a rape crisis center. Check... just kidding, that was the result of the hard work of many, and I wasn't involved this time. Kudos to them.

2. Get my own health insurance. Check, and thank you Obamacare.

3. Get myself immunized against Hep A, Typhoid Fever, Yellow Fever, the Flu, as well as tetanus and Hep B boosters, just for good measure. Check. And ouch.

4. Pick up prescriptions at CVS that my thoughtful travel doc gave me in preparation for nasty sickness while I'm very far from medications. Check.

5. Purchase a giant backpack to live out of. Check.

6. Purchase a giant hat (thanks Mom!) and a longsleeve UPF shirt for my Irish skin that will be residing practically on the Equator. Check.

I think this is the end of things I have accomplished... there will be a part two and perhaps three to celebrate other purchases or productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment