Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

I'm a wee-bit behind on this one, but I think the wait has been well worth it. The Supreme Court heard arguments about the Affordable Care Act at the end of March. At that point, I was wrapped up in preparing for Kenya which is just over a month away now and preparing for Cancun, which is sadly passed at this point.

Regardless, this little nugget of awesome reflecting on the arguments of the case came out from WBUR. It's three of my professors (well, I've had two of the three) breaking down the case for people like us who don't have advanced degrees in law-speak. There are three five-to-ten minute sections that are all very good and very informative.

I will stop benefitting from Obamacare (or, the Affordable Care Act) on May 2 (sniff) when I turn 26 (yay!) and I think it is still largely unclear what this plan means for everyone in the long term scheme of things. After spending a lot of my graduate school career watching this unfold, I am definitely not alone in thinking that something needs to be done and this isn't a terrible solution. Thinking about this solution as Glantz, Mariner and Annas do, in terms of its constitutionality, is a nice way to rise above the rhetoric of less informed media sources and get to really thinking about whether this is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment