Sunday, February 26, 2012

Niagara!

I'm sure by now you're sick of reading Kissyface, having eagerly checked for a new Daily Drift all week. Sigh, what a conundrum, to have no new intriguing and wonderful blog posts with which to entertain thyself.

Enough of that.

I went to Niagara Falls and spent very little time paying attention to what day it was or even where my phone or the Internet was. It was, in a word, lovely. We saw one of the most awesome scenes there is to see: 


Oh and this...


I know what you're thinking - "Wow, so brave to hike to the bottom of the falls in the middle of the winter when everything is covered in ice and that water is frigid!" And you're right, we are adventurous. But... we were on a very protected walkway as a part of "Journey Behind the Falls" which is on the Canadian side and totally worth the money. It's this view and two others more directly ...behind the falls. Aptly named, I must say. It was insanely impressive, and watching the water flood by made me question the sanity (even more than I did previously) of those that chose to go over Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. Not surprising that most of them died. (Sidenote: The grammar/capitalization/proofreading on those FAQs is poor at best, but I was amused by the questions so I included it. Enjoy.)

So, look forward to more frequent Drifts since I'm back in the country. And looking forward to a week of serious produstination.

1 comment: