Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Edition

Welcome back to work, friends. Cyber Monday is well underway, and I have been resisting the temptation to use all of these sales to buy things for ...myself. Le sigh. Stay tuned for my top secret "doodad" (read: useless waste of money) purchase from last week. It's a doosy.

A friend recently called Thanksgiving the "Day of Sanctioned Gluttony." I stole that term and spread it around faster than the gravy pouring down my heap of turkey and stuffing. The most staggering statistic in all of the food articles I read last week is that the average Thanksgiving Day meal includes 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat. Woah! Fun fact : for a 150-pound person, this would take 39.65 miles of running to burn off, according to G-map Pedometer. But, the good news is that our bodies take care of most of metabolizing this indulgence and as long as you're not working on a full Week of Sanctioned Gluttony, you're probably in the clear.

In other news, Miss Representation is being screened tomorrow night at BU Medical Campus. This is only the second screening in the Greater Boston area and promises to be an interesting documentary and discussion following. I'm quite excited. You should be excited too... for a blog entry about it!

Have a splendid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment