Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1 Longfellow

I know, I know - I got wicked original on the title of this one. 'Tis quite boring, but it might be nice when trying to look back if the posts with the photos from the Longfellow are easy to find. Call me crazy.

Anyway, this morning was quite the adventure. I woke up extra early to get to leave early on my half day - woo!  However, that was not in the cahds. After enduring many absent-minded backpack nudges by an energetic middle schooler, I learned that the Red Line decided it suddenly had a fear of going over the Charles, so all of the trains refused to cross, or even get near, the Longfellow. Well. Isn't that lovely?

They really DO look like salt and pepper shakers!

Actually, it is! I had almost forgotten that I wanted to start photo-documenting the river's fall transformation today, and this was the perfect reminder! The Red Line was just looking out for me... and this lovely blog... and all of you. Unfortunately all of these people (and their high heels and suitcases) had to suffer at our expense:

There is so much exercise going on in this picture. Such a lovely sight for public health nerds everywhere. Oh yeah, and no colorful foliage yet!


I bet she is wishing the Red Line is working... or that motorized wheeled suitcases had been invented before motorized wheeled beer coolers.
These lovely helpers of the foliage-photo cause were thanked via photo feature!

Still summer in the colors of the leaves.
Stay tuned for more photos of pretty pretty Charles and Boston. (And these are pretty cool, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment