Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Music and picnics and drinks (oh my!)

As the Charles River banks are cleaned of their red, white and blue scraps, lingering from yesterday's festivities, I feel the summer outstretched before me like a nice blank sheet of paper, fresh in its newness. As blank as the sheet can be, already quite full of much awaited parties, weddings, family obligations, etc. etc. etc. I know this summer, like many in my past, will go by in a blink, probably because it is so full of happy gatherings, and I'll find myself reaching for that jacket as the leaves turn pretty shades of yellow and orange and the chilly wind sends them soaring.

One way I'm planning to absorb as much summer as possible is by attending Concerts in the Park on Thursday nights at Hastings Park in Lexington to see the Metropolitan Wind Symphony play. There really isn't a whole lot about picnicking in the summer while listening to good music one can complain about. Not only are they incredibly talented as a group, but one of their saxophone players is strikingly handsome. You should probably come join me for some music and picnics and drinks (oh my!).


1 comment:

  1. Summer is a terrific time in New England. We are planning to join for the concert on 7/14, picnic, flipflops and all. We went last year and it was amazing!! Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete